Put your experience to work at with Nucore Group.
We are always looking for experienced and motivated people to join our team.
In order to maintain employee skill and motivation, we prioritise investing in our team's professional development. This ensures our workforce is highly competent and knowledgeable.
In addition to continuous improvement, our company values enable us to work together effectively to deliver successful solutions to our customers. These include unity, respect and a commitment to working excellently.
If you have the required skills and ethos to be a part of the team, please complete an application form and email it, along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View our job applicant privacy notice.
We have the following current vacancies within our group companies:
Fire & Security Engineer - Service / Maintenance / Install
The Service / Maintenance / Install Engineer will be responsible for undertaking work on customer sites, generally within Scotland, installing, maintaining and servicing fire/security and other specialist systems. They will be expected to carry out major remedial work in accordance with work schedules and targets in a manner consistent with good HSEQ practices. The successful applicant will be expected to participate in the standby / call-out rota.
- Meeting customers and representatives, forming good working relationships
- Installing and maintaining systems to standards and/or accreditation held by Nucore (as defined in work instructions)
- Testing and commissioning systems
- Training customers in the use of the systems
- Handover of the system to the customer
- Standby/call-out Rota – remain on standby during evenings and weekends, accepting customer calls and providing helpful and constructive support by visiting customer premises and resolving issues within the required time period
- The scope of the work will include the installation, test, commissioning and maintenance/service of the following (but not limited to) types of system: Fire, Intruder, CCTV, Emergency Lighting and Other related services
- Ensure company records are completed in a timely manner
- Ensure test equipment is made available for certification where appropriate
- Ensuring tools and equipment used are complete and adequate to conduct the work, with particular attention to HSEQ implications
- Ensuring the appropriate housekeeping, stock, tools/equipment, reporting servicing requirements and ensuring any appropriate documentation is carried out in relation to any allocated company vehicles
Mechanical Fire Project Engineer
To provide engineering support to the Offshore Fire & Gas division. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in design, installation and commissioning of fire protection systems. Proven experience and knowledge of fire & gas instrumentation or control systems would be advantageous.
- Mechanical design and engineering of projects primarily involving water deluge, water fog, fire suppression, foam/fire water and gaseous systems
- Taking ownership of the job from inception through to completion
- Preparation, presentation and progress of commercial bids and tenders
- Preparation of technical and commercially acceptable solutions to meet or exceed budgetary performance parameters
- Delivery of Project with on time/on budget performance
- Visiting offshore (or other sites) to undertake survey work or actively assist in the installation and commissioning of projects.
- Assist the BSM and deputise in times of absence.
- To mentor and assist with the development of other team members as required
- Production, filing and tracking of (AutoCAD) drawings and documentation
- Production and verification of hydraulic calculations using PipeNet and other proprietary software
- Production, filing and tracking of SDRL registers and supporting project documentation to meet project requirements and timescales
- Purchasing, expediting and delivery of materials to support project delivery
- Inspection, maintenance and servicing of fixed suppression systems
- Perform proving tests on a range of fire protection systems in accordance with current codes and standards
- Where required assist with the execution of the servicing of portable fire safety equipment.
Our values enable us to work together effectively to deliver successful solutions to our customers.
We promote a learning environment so our team can achieve their full potential.
Our team unites expertise and creativity to deliver fit-for purpose engineering.
We are dedicated to the health & safety of our team, customers and the quality of our products.
We accomplish our goals by working together as one team and one business.
We treat each other, our clients and suppliers with respect and dignity.
We are dedicated to ongoing improvement to continue to deliver high-quality service.
The people on our team bring diverse knowledge to the table – offering over 100 years in professional experience. Our success is a result of our working commitment to problem-solve and project-manage. We take pride in the quality of our work and ability to offer customers advice, assurance and solutions.